The Dusty Miller beerhouse was kept by George Lawton and his wife Mary from 1849, with Mary taking over the licence after her husband's death in May 1868 aged 55. At some point prior to 1877, the premises was earmarked for demolition by Huddersfield Corporation due to street improvements in the area. The Corporation allowed Mary to complete the term of her annual licence before serving a notice to quit. At the Brewster Sessions of 1877, she unsuccessfully applied to have the licence transferred to her new home on Bentley Street, Lockwood.
It seems another beerhouse of the same name was opened on Lockwood Road following the demolition of the Lawton's beerhouse. This was recorded as being owned by Edward Heathcote, with the licencee being Thomas Roebuck circa 1880. Subsequent transfers were to Joseph Hudson (May 1881) and James Booth (October 1881).
The location of the Dusty Miller is not marked on the 1851 Town Plan and is noted as Rashcliffe, Chapel Hill or Folly Hall in newspaper articles.