Douglas Irvine Tolson (c.1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TOLSON, DOUGLAS IRVINE. Cadet. No 177552. 2 Observer School. Royal Air Force. Second son of Walter and Kate Helena Tolson, Upperbridge, Holmfirth. Educated Holmfirth Secondary School. Prior to enlistment, was a student in the dyeing and chemistry department at the Huddersfield Technical College. Enlisted in Spring 1918. Died from pneumonia, 1.11.1918, whilst in training at Manston near Ramsgate. He was 19 years of age. Buried HOLMFIRTH WESLEYAN BURIAL GROUND. Grave location:- FO 7.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Cadet DOUGLAS IRVINE TOLSON
- regiment: Royal Air Force
- died: Friday, November 1, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 2752008
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752008)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6800441)