Donald Buckley (1898-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BUCKLEY, DONALD. Private. No 35063. 24th Battalion (Tyneside Irish) Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Longwood 12.2.1898. Son of John Denton and Lavinia Buckley, 161 Longwood Gate, Longwood. Educated at Goitfield Board School. Had worked at Rushworths Limited, Westgate, Huddersfield, but at the time of enlistment was employed by his father in his drapery business. Attended the Lockwood Baptist Sunday School and was a member of the North Ward Liberal Club. Enlisted October, 1916, and embarked for France at about the same time as his brother. Reported missing, presumed killed, 28.4.1917, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private ARNOLD BUCKLEY, killed in action, 31.5.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DONALD BUCKLEY
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Saturday, April 28, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 742764
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #742764)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #583881)