Dog Kennel Bank, Dog Kennel Bank Lane, Almondbury

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Dog Kennel Bank Lane, Almondbury
  • status: still exists
  • category: row of properties

Discovering Old Huddersfield

Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:

A quarter of a mile after forking left into Dog Kennel Bank Lane look out for a newly renovated building on the left. On the 1844 map this house was named Dog Kennel and it must have been around here that the hunting dogs belonging to Longley Hall were kept. Dogs were an important part of any estate and that importance is reflected by the fact that their presence hereabouts gave rise to the name Dog Kennel Bank for all the hillside.

Location

Dog Kennel Bank, Dog Kennel Bank Lane, Almondbury

Categories

Buildings | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 12 February 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed