This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Old Diana Inn
- appears on maps: 1890 [#248]
- location on map: King Street, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: incorrectly named the "Dina Inn" on the 1890 town plan
The Diana Inn was a beerhouse in the occupation of William Payne from circa 1840 until his death in 1851, after which it was run by his widow Mary with the help of her daughter Sarah. Mary Payne successfully applied for a public house licence at the Brewster Sessions of 1866. Mary had retired by the time of the 1881 Census and died in May 1895, aged 89.