Denby and Cumberworth Urban District
The Denby & Cumberworth Urban District was formed at the end of 1894, replacing both the Cumberworth Local Board and the Denby Local Board.
The elected urban districts councils replaced Local Boards following the Local Government Act of 1894 and were given increased powers and responsibilities under the Act.
Under the Representation of the People Act of 1918, the urban district became part of the Penistone Parliamentary Division.
The district was abolished on 1 April 1938 and was amalgamated with the urban districts of Clayton West, Emley and Skelmanthrope to form the new Denby Dale Urban District.
The extent of the urban district is show below (based on the 1906 O.S. map):
Notes and References
- ↑ "Redistribution" in Sheffield Daily Telegraph (05/Oct/1917).