Denby Dale Urban District
The Denby Dale Urban District was formed on 1 April 1938 with the amalgamation of the urban districts of Clayton West, Emley, Skelmanthrope, and Denby & Cumberworth.
The elected urban districts councils replaced Local Boards following the Local Government Act of 1894 and were given increased powers and responsibilities under the Act.
The Denby Dale Urban District was abolished on 1 April 1974 and became part of the new Metropolitan Borough of Kirklees. Denby Dale became one of the five civil parishes in the borough.
The extent of the urban district in 1960 is show below: