David Shaw (c.1895-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, DAVID. Corporal. No 2066. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Tom and Emma Shaw, 66 Upperhead Row, Huddersfield. Employed by the Borough Engineers Department of Huddersfield Corporation. Enlisted in the local Territorial battalion in 1912. Embarked for France in April, 1915. Came home on a week's leave from the trenches when he became ill and was admitted to Royds Hall War Hospital, Huddersfield. Died of pneumonia at Royds Hall on 20.12.1915, aged 20 years. Buried with full military honours in EDGERTON CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- 11B, 115.
- Brother of Corporal HARRY SHAW killed in action, 30.4.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal DAVID SHAW
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, December 20, 1915
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 2752133
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752133)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3983938)