David Robertson (1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROBERTSON, DAVID. Sergeant. No 71455. 'D' Battery, 18th Army Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born 'Commercial Inn', Moldgreen, 28.5.1894. Son of Mr and Mrs William Thomas Robertson, 18 Victoria Street, Huddersfield. Educated Moldgreen Council School and Huddersfield Higher Grade School. Husband of Elsie Robertson, 28 Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate. Employed as a butcher in Harrogate. Enlisted January 1915. Died of wounds, 22.8.1918, aged 24 years. Buried BELLACOURT MILITARY CEMETERY, RIVIERE. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row E, Grave 11.
- ROH:- Lepton Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant DAVID ROBERTSON
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Thursday, August 22, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 558102
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #558102)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3775585)