Daniel Waterhouse (c.1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WATERHOUSE, DANIEL. Private. No 4857. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Marsden. Son of the late James and of Alice Waterhouse, Woodside, Marsden. Employed as a weaver at Bank Bottom Mills, Marsden. Was a member of Marsden Conservative Club. Enlisted 17.2.1916. Embarked for France in July, 1916. Was seriously wounded in the shoulder at the beginning of September, 1916. After undergoing two operations he died of wounds at No 14 General Hospital, Wimereux, on 21.9.1916, aged 27 years. Buried WIMEREUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row Q, Grave 15A.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall; Marsden War Memorial; Marsden Conservative Club; memorial in Marsden Churchyard.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DANIEL WATERHOUSE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, September 21, 1916
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 85277
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #85277)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4638319)