Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
On the left hand side of Bradley Mills Road, Dalton Grange stands on or near the site of a house which, in 1854, was called View Cottage and which, in the early 19th Century must indeed have had a splendid view northeast over the lush water-meadows of the Colne to the wooded hillside of the Fartown and Sheepridge areas. Dalton Grange was built on the site in 1870 by Henry Brook of J.H. Brook & Sons of Bradley Mills. In 1916 it was bought by British Dyes for conversion into a recreation club for their employees, a purpose it serves to the present day.