Dalton, Bradley and Deighton Ward
The ward came into being during 1868 as part of the Huddersfield Charter of Incorporation and included the whole of the hamlet of Bradley together with most of the hamlet of Deighton and the township of Dalton. A part of the southern portion of Deighton was transferred to the neighbouring Fartown Ward. Around one-third of the township of Dalton had previously been part of the Moldgreen Local Board District (formed 1859) which then became the Moldgreen Ward in the incorporated borough.
Prior to the municipal elections held on 2 November 1908, the ward boundary was altered to incorporate an eastern portion of the Fartown Ward whist the southern section of the ward was transferred to an enlarged Moldgreen Ward.