This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Picturedrome
- location: 28 Buxton Road, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: cinema
The first cinema on the site was the Picturedrome, designed by Schofield & Sons, which opened on 2 December 1910. It was closed and sold after a fire in September 1949. The next owner reopened it as the Curzon Cinema on 11 September 1950 before closing for good in the 1960s. The premises had an exit onto Albion Street.
Notes and References
- ↑ Cinema Treasures: Curzon Cinema.
- ↑ "Curzon Cinema" in Huddersfield Daily Examiner (13/Jun/2005).