Cumberworth Local Board
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Cumberworth Local Board was abolished at the end of 1894 when it was amalgamated with Denby Local Board to form the Denby & Cumberworth Urban District.
Notes and References
- West Yorkshire Archive Service holds the minute books for the period 1862-1894. West Yorkshire Archive Service: Off the Record.