Crown Hotel, Westgate, Huddersfield
- also known as: Crown Tavern (1851), currently The Crown
- location: Westgate, Huddersfield
- status: still exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The Crown Tavern was in existence by 1840 when landlord Northrop Bradley was listed in Pigot and Co.'s Royal National and Commercial Directory. After being declared insolvent, he committed suicide at the tavern in August 1841.
The premises was sold at auction in October 1842:
Lot 1. ALL that valuable Stone-built and well-accustomed INN, known by the Name of the CROWN TAVERN, situate at the Junction of Westgate and the Upperhead Row, in Huddersfield aforesaid, Four Stories high, with Five Rooms on the Ground Floor, a spacious Lodge Room, and Seven airy and lofty Bed Rooms, with extensive Vaults under Ground. Together with the Gig-House, Stabling, and other Outbuildings, Conveniences, and Appurtenances thereto belonging, as the same are now in the Occupation of Mrs. Ellen Bradley.
The corner section of the building was demolished circa 1888 and replaced with the current single storey in order to help reduce the load on the second railway tunnel which runs under the premises.