The 1937 Directory listed the following companies operating out of the mill complex:
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter
Just beyond Oldfleld Street, on the right hand side of Blackmoorfoot Road, is the site of Crosland Moor Woollen Mill which was founded c.1820 by George Crosland of Crosland Lodge. The venture was successful and by 1850 some three hundred and fifty people were employed at the mill. When George Crosland retired in 1860 he was succeeded by his eldest son, Joseph, who became one of the town's most prominent business men and, briefly, its Member of Parliament.
After the outbreak of war in August 1914 the firm worked non-stop to fulfil several orders for khaki cloth for the British, French and Russian armies. Sadly, for employer and employees alike, it all came to an end on 26th February 1915 when a small fire could not be contained. The resulting conflagration destroyed most of the premises although, fortunately, there were no casualties.Today, the site of the mill is largely empty but a couple of fragments remain at the roadside in the shape of a ruined wall and a small derelict building with an ashlar front elevation. Even though eighty years have gone by since the fire, evidence of burning can still be seen in the rough walls behind this building.