Crimea Inn, Cross Lane, Primrose Hill, Newsome
- location: Cross Lane, Primrose Hill
- status: still exists but now under a different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Reportedly built in 1793 as residential cottage, it opened as a beerhouse in 1856.
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134273
CROSS LANE. Primrose Hill. The Crimea Public House. Early C19. Rendered. Pitched stone slate roof. Two storeys. One 2-light and one 3-light stone mullioned sash on first floor. One 3-light stone mullioned window on ground floor.
The Crimea Inn is the oldest public house on Primrose Hill. It was opened in 1856 by T. Hamer, and had been a farm long before then. He left it to his daughter, Mrs. Buckley, and it was sold to Messrs. Bentley and Shaw in 1908.