Court "Prince Albert" (No. 439) of the Royal Ancient Order of Foresters
Court "Prince Albert" (No. 439) was a branch of the Royal Ancient Order of Foresters established in Golcar in 1850.
On Saturday 20 July 1850, "a large number of Royal Foresters" parade from the Rose and Crown Inn at Golcar to the Black Bull Inn at Ley Moor where the "Prince Albert" court was formally opened by Brother James Shaw. The Chronicle reported that around 25 members had joined, with a further 25 expended to join at the next meeting.
Notes and References
- "Golcar" in Huddersfield Chronicle (27/Jul/1850).