Court "New York" (No. 302) is a branch of the Ancient Order of Foresters established in Kirkheaton in 1829.
The court is known to have met at the Beaumonts Arms Inn in the early 1850s.
For their 22nd anniversary in 1851, the court processed through Kirkheaton with upwards of 40 members on horseback, "which added much to the liveliness of the scene". The Chronicle reported that the court had 160 members and funds of nearly £1,200.