This new church owes its origin to no division or misunderstanding in the old churches, but to a pure desire to extend religion in this populous suburb, where there was no place of worship. The late W. Willans, Esq., J.P., commenced the movement with earnest advocacy and liberal contribution, but died before the foundation-stone was laid. The churches of Highfield and Ramsden Street jointly undertook the work, and by their cordial and liberal support, the chapel was opened, Feb., 1865, free of debt. Rev. T. Jones, Bedford Chapel, London, preached on the occasion. In 1867, large and elegant school premises in the same style of architecture were attached to the chapel.
The pastors have been —