Huddersfield: A Most Handsome Town (1992) edited by E.A. Hilary Haigh contains the following information about the chapel:
An independent chapel in George Street, affiliated to the Evangelical Union, built in 1856, was bought by the Congregationalists in 1870 to replace South Street and was home to a church from 1884 to 1887.
This church owes its origin to the labours of the Rev. J.H. Rutherford, and other ministers of the Evangelical Union of Scotland ; and though Independent in its principles, is not formally connected with the Congregational churches of the town or Riding.
The pastors have been —