Commercial Inn, Yews, Scammonden

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • also known as: Friends House
  • location: off Low Platt Lane, Yews, Scammonden
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The inn was in existence by 1861, when John Whiteley was named as the innkeeper in the census.

Joseph Shaw's publican's licence was not renewed at the Brewster Sessions of 1913 and the premises was referred to the Compensation Authority.[1]


  1. Public notice in Sheffield Daily Telegraph (09/May/1913).