This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Church Street, Honley
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Reportedly a notorious inn. According to Mary Jagger's The History of Honley, it was purchased by William Brooke in 1887 specifically so that he could close it. The Licence Register notes that it was closed in 1891 and work began on demolishing it in March 1892. The current Parish Rooms were erected on the site.
Licencees, Landlords & Publicans
- Thomas Hinchcliffe (1840s)
- John Mosley (by 1871)
- Catherine Mosley (from 30 September 1879)
- Thomas Wilson (from 11 August 1891)
Notes and References
- ↑ Pigot and Co.'s Royal National and Commercial Directory of August 1841: Honley, South Crosland, Farnley Tyas and Neighbourhoods..
- ↑ Born circa 1820 in Holmfirth. Was a widower when he married widow Catherine Wilson (previous wife was Harriet). Died aged 54 in 1875, buried 24 February at St. Mary, Honley.
- ↑ Born circa 1817. Was a widow with the surname "Wilson" when she married John. Died 1891 and buried 5 July at St. Mary, Honley.