This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Church Street, Honley
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Reportedly a notorious inn. According to Mary Jagger's The History of Honley, it was purchased by William Brooke in 1887 specifically so that he could close it. The Licence Register notes that it was closed in 1891 and work began on demolishing it in March 1892. The current Parish Rooms were erected on the site.
Licencees, Landlords and Publicans
- 1840s — Thomas Hinchcliffe
Notes and References
- ↑ Pigot and Co.'s Royal National and Commercial Directory of August 1841: Honley, South Crosland, Farnley Tyas and Neighbourhoods..