Colne Valley Parliamentary Division

The Colne Valley Parliamentary Division was a constituency that existed between 1918 and 1948, created under the Representation of the People Act of 1918[1], which returned a single Member of Parliament.

It was formed from a number of extant urban districts: Farnley Tyas, Golcar, Holme, Holmfirth, Honley, Linthwaite, Marsden, Meltham, New Mill, Saddleworth, Scammonden, Slaithwaite, South Crosland, Springhead, and Thurstonland.

In 1949, it was succeeded by the Colne Valley County Constituency, which consisted of the urban districts of Colne Valley, Holmfirth, Kirkburton, Meltham, and Saddleworth.

Links

Notes and References

  1. The Spen Valley Parliamentary Division and Penistone Parliamentary Division were also created at the same time.