The mill was reportedly built around 1760 as a fulling mill and was later converted for scribbling around 1790, by which time it was owned by James Wrigley (c.1747-1809). The mill remained in the Wrigley family and became known locally as "Wrigley Mill".
By the 1950s, the Netherton Spinning Company Limited had taken over the mill. In 1989, the company applied for planning permission to convert the mill building into residential dwellings. Permission was granted although apparently the work did not take place and a renewal was granted in December 1995.
Subsequent planning applications were filed by Oakes Homes Limited and Austonley Homes Limited between 1998 and 2001.
The former mill is now a number of residential properties.
The mill was granted a Grade II Listing in August 1983, with the following description:
Mill. Early to mid C19 with mid C19 addition to west. Hammer dressed stone. Stone slate roof with gable copings and moulded kneelers. Later addition has slate roof. Three storeys. North elevation: 9 bays of industrial casements, some doorways at ground floor level. Loading doors to each floor to right. Later addition is set back. Five bays of casements with loading door, to each floor, to left.