Clarence Victor Hunneybell (c.1897-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HUNNEYBELL, CLARENCE VICTOR. Private. No 49948. 6th Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment). Born Huddersfield. Fourth son of the late Colour Sergeant Hunneybell and Mrs Hunneybell, 9, Wood Terrace, Primrose Hill. Attended St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill. Employed as junior number-taker by the London and North Western Railway Company. Killed in action at Passchendaele, 20.9.1917, aged 20 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill; London and North Western Railway Company Roll.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman CLARENCE VICTOR HUNNEYBELL
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Thursday, September 20, 1917
- record ID: 1632717
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1632717)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2564352)