Clarence Sykes (1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SYKES, CLARENCE. Private. No 31779. 2/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Marsden. Son of Mrs W Sykes, North View, Marsden. Reported wounded in the left arm on 21.11.1917 during the Battle of Cambrai and afterwards presumed to have died on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CLARENCE SYKES
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, November 21, 1917
- record ID: 1757193
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1757193)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4341168)