Church of St. Thomas, School Lane, Thurstonland
- location: School Lane (now Marsh Hall Lane), Thurstonland
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
- notes: marked as a "Chapel of Ease" on the 1854 O.S. map
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 16 May 1984
- listing entry number 1135375
MARSH HALL LANE. Thurstonland. Church of St. Thomas.
Gothic Revival church. 1870. Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Pitched slate roof with stone gutter on moulded brackets. Five-bay offset-buttressed nave with paired, cusped, arched lights. Two-bay chancel with cusped single light windows with trefoil in head East window is 4-light with two 5-foils and one 6-foil in head. West window consists of 2 pairs of slender cusped lancets, each with quatrefoil in circle to head. Large quatrefoil in circle to apex. 3-tier tower on south side at east end of nave, with stair turret and splay-footed stone spire with lucarnes which have 5-foil in head. Archivolted paired, cusped lights to 2nd tier. Large 2-light bell- chamber openings, louvred and with circle in head. Doorway on south side with moulded arched head and figure in canopied niche over. Vestry wing on north side.
Interior: Arched braced hammer beam roof. Square font, 1871 with 4 marble colonnettes on clustered base.
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — baptisms 1862-1921
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — burials 1862-1958
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — memorial inscriptions
- Ancestry.co.uk — births & baptisms 1862-1910
- Ancestry.co.uk — marriages & banns 1871-1935
- Ancestry.co.uk — deaths & burials 1862-1958
- Find a Grave