Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • appears on maps: 1892 [#54]
  • location on map: Woodhouse Hill
  • status: still exists
  • category: church or chapel

Extract from A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) edited by Samuel Lewis:

Christ Church, situated on an eminence north of the town, named Woodhouse, and erected under a special act of parliament, in 1825, by John Whitacre, Esq., who gave the site, and £6000 towards the building and endowment, is a small cruciform edifice with a tower and spire, and contains 600 sittings, of which 100 are free: the living is a perpetual curacy ; net income, £150 ; patron, the Bishop of Ripon.

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::flickr 27709296052:::

Location

Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill

Categories

Anglican churches | Buildings | Churches and places of worship | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 28 June 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed