Christ Church, New Mill

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: between Sude Hill and Fulstone Hall Lane, New Mill
  • status: exists
  • category: church

Historic England Listing

  • Grade II
  • first listed 16 January 1967
  • listing entry number 1134780

SUDE HILL (New Mill). Christ Church. Gothic revival 'Commissioners' Church. 1830 by Peter Atkinson. Ashlar. Pitched slate roof with parapet with rool top coping. Six bay nave with 2-light slender windows with traceried heads and hood moulds. All but bay to east have stained glass. Square buttresses to nave. Small single bay chancel with 3-light stained glass east window. Three tier west tower with angle buttresses, 2-light louvred bell-chamber, and parapet with 4 tall pinnacles with conical top. Interior: elliptical chancel arch. Gallery to each side on colonnettes, and with oak panelled balustrade. Organ chamber to left. Tall 'wine-glass' pulpit in carved oak on stone base. Carved stone font.

Records

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::geograph 2871488:::geograph 393525:::geograph 2872544:::geograph 1277579:::geograph 712239:::geograph 120414:::flickrset 72157670402762425:::

Location

Further Reading