This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1854 [#63], 1894 [#33]
- location on map: corner of Church Lane & Cowlersley Lane, Linthwaite
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 11 July 1985
- listing entry number 1277444
CHURCH LANE. Linthwaite. Christ Church. 1828. Commissioners' church in Lancet style, by Peter Atkinson Jnr. Built by Joseph Kaye. Chancel added 1895 by C Hodgson Fowler. Ashalr. Pitched slate roof with gable copings. Square west tower with broach spire. Six-bay buttressed nave. Two-bay chancel. South porch. Nave lancets have glazing bars, west lancet the same. West wall of nave has oculus, with radial glazing bars, to each side of tower. Triple group of small lancets to each face of bell chamber. Lucarne to four sides of spire. Triple lancets form east window, under common hood mould. Interior: Gallery to three sides, on squared piers, shortened on north side to accommodate organ. Oak linen-fold panelling.