Christ Church, Church Lane, Linthwaite

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • appears on maps: 1854 [#63], 1894 [#33]
  • location on map: corner of Church Lane & Cowlersley Lane, Linthwaite
  • status: still exists
  • category: church or chapel

Historic England Listing

  • Grade II
  • first listed 11 July 1985
  • listing entry number 1277444
CHURCH LANE. Linthwaite. Christ Church. 1828. Commissioners' church in Lancet style, by Peter Atkinson Jnr. Built by Joseph Kaye. Chancel added 1895 by C Hodgson Fowler. Ashalr. Pitched slate roof with gable copings. Square west tower with broach spire. Six-bay buttressed nave. Two-bay chancel. South porch. Nave lancets have glazing bars, west lancet the same. West wall of nave has oculus, with radial glazing bars, to each side of tower. Triple group of small lancets to each face of bell chamber. Lucarne to four sides of spire. Triple lancets form east window, under common hood mould. Interior: Gallery to three sides, on squared piers, shortened on north side to accommodate organ. Oak linen-fold panelling.

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::geograph 4296803:::kia k003676:::

Location

Christ Church, Church Lane, Linthwaite

Categories

Anglican churches | Buildings | Churches and places of worship | Listed buildings and monuments | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 28 June 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed