Charlie Shaw (c.1897-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, CHARLIE. Private. No 21524. 1st Battalion The King's Shropshire Light Infantry. Formerly No 24847. 9th Lancers. Born Huddersfield. Lived 20 School Road, Scapegoat Hill, Golcar. Employed as a spinner by Messrs Joseph Hoyle and Sons, Quarmby Clough Mills, Longwood. Died of wounds, 24.3.1918, aged 20 years. Buried ONTARIO CEMETERY, SAINS-LES-MARQUION. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row E, Grave 6.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private SHAW
- regiment: King's Shropshire Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, March 24, 1918
- record ID: 259605
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #259605)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3983672)