Charles Thompson (1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- THOMPSON, CHARLES. Driver. No 846518. 3rd Division Ammunition Column, Royal Field Artillery. Born Allerton Bywater, near Castleford, 31.5.1893. Son of Thomas and Mary Thompson, Woodman Terrace, Bradley, Huddersfield. Educated at Keighley Schools. Married. Lived at Longwood. Employed as a teamer. Died of wounds, 21.3.1918, aged 26 years. Buried BUCQUOY ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row E, Grave 26.
- ROH:- St. Thomas's Church, Bradley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver CHARLES THOMPSON
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 179612
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #179612)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4129348)