Charles Stuart Warey (c.1886-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WAREY, CHARLES STUART. Air Mechanic 2nd Class. No 48537. Recruits Depot Royal Flying Corps. Born Kirkburton, Huddersfield. Son of David George and Mary Jane Warey. Husband of Elizabeth Warey, of Hallas, Kirkburton. Was treasurer of Dogley Lane Congregational Church and of the local Belgian Refugee Committee. He was a member of the Kirkburton Literary and Debating Society. Had taken over his father's jewellery business. Enlisted in the R.F.C. at Farnborough, Hampshire on Thursday, 28.10.1916. On Saturday, 30.10.1916, he was taken seriously ill and admitted to the Cambridge Hospital, Aldershot. He underwent an operation for a perforated gastric ulcer but he died the same day, 30.9.1916. His wife arrived at Aldershot too late to see him alive. He was 30 years of age. Buried with full military honours at ALL HALLOWS CHURCHYARD, KIRKBURTON. Grave location:- 23, 1788.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Air Mechanic 2nd Class CHARLES STUART WAREY
- regiment: Royal Flying Corps
- died: Saturday, September 30, 1916
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 2752204
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752204)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6665794)