Charles Stevenson (1877-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- STEVENSON, CHARLES. Private. No 268874. 2/6th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Marsh, Huddersfield 4.10.1877. Educated Portland Street School. Married, with three children. Lived 43 Broomfield Road, Marsh. Was in partnership with his brother as a plasterer. Attended Holy Trinity Church. Enlisted 11.6.1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Cambrai on 20.11.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CHARLES STEVENSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, November 20, 1917
- record ID: 1756982