Charles Kent (c.1884-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KENT, CHARLES. Sergeant. No 2884. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Brightside, Yorkshire. Enlisted Slaithwaite. Lived Binn, Slaithwaite. Husband of Ethel Kent. Before enlistment the family removed to 6 Uppertown, Oxenhope, Keighley. Killed in action during the Battle of the Somme on 17.9.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Linthwaite; St. James' Church, Slaithwaite; Slaithwaite War Memorial; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant CHARLES KENT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, September 17, 1916
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 797957
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #797957)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2230706)