Charles Ellis (c.1883-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ELLIS, CHARLES, DCM. Battery Sergeant Major. No 16457. 'A' Battery, 110th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born Huddersfield. Son of Tom and Hannah Ellis, 57 Chapel Street, Blackpool. Awarded the DCM 3.6.1918. Killed in enemy raid, 4.10.1918, aged 35 years. Buried BELLICOURT BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row N, Grave 5.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Battery Serjeant Major CHARLES ELLIS
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Friday, October 4, 1918
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 238134
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #238134)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2447669)