Charles Edward Varo (c.1891-1918)
Charles Edward Varo was born in the Hunslet area of Leeds and worked as a horseman for a market gardener.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- VARO, CHARLES E. Driver. No 252314. 'D' Battery, 282nd Army Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born Huddersfield. Son of Charles Edward and Mary Ann Varo, 12 Stoney Battery, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield. Husband of Lizzie Varo, Lingards Buildings, Top o th' Hill, Marsden. Killed in action, 1.11.1918, aged 27 years. Buried VERCHAIN BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row D, Grave 21.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver CHARLES E. VARO
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Friday, November 1, 1918
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 320405
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #320405)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4549703)
Notes and References
- Details from birth index registration and 1911 Census.