Charles Burton (1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BURTON, CHARLES. Lance Corporal. No 32955. 1/4th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born East View, off Croft House Lane, Marsh, 31.10.1889. Son of Tom Heeley and Evalina Burton, 1 Clara Street, Fartown. Educated at St. John's School, Hillhouse. Employed by the Maypole Dairy Company, Dewsbury, as a grocer's assistant. Enlisted June 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, 14.4.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Birkby; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial; commemorated on parents' headstone in Edgerton Cemetery, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal CHARLES BURTON
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, April 14, 1918
- record ID: 843828
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #843828)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #668437)