Charles Albert Wilmotte Hill (1892-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HILL, CHARLES ALBERT WILMOTTE. Private. No 9824. 1st Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire, 2.2.1892. Son of Mr W. H. Willmotte Hill, Moss Hey, Shaw, Lancashire. Educated at Shaw schools. Employed as a labourer in the Huddersfield Corporation Tramways Department. Husband of Emily Hill, 41 St. Andrews Road, Huddersfield. Was in the army before the war and was stationed at Malta. Had served on the Western Front since September, 1914, except for a short period when he was invalided home with frostbite and rheumatism. Killed in action at Montauban, 15.9.1916, aged 24 years. Buried FLATIRON COPSE CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 10, Row D, Grave 6.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CHARLES ALBERT WILLMOTTE HILL
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Friday, September 15, 1916
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 556673