Lane Side Cemetery, Kirkheaton

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: off Lane Side Lane, Kirkheaton
  • status: still exists
  • category: burial ground

In July 1885, it was reported that the churchyard of St. John the Baptist would be full by early 1888 and the Kirkheaton Local Board began looking for suitable land for a new cemetery. However, a dispute over burial fees delayed the process and it was not until February 1890 that the conformist section of Land Side Cemetery was consecrated by the Bishop of Wakefield.

The first burial appears to have been that of Frank Kilner (aged 8) on 10 February 1890.

Memorial Inscriptions

Location

Lane Side Cemetery, Kirkheaton

Categories

Burial grounds and cemeteries | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 9 June 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed