Cecil John Howitt (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOWITT, CECIL JOHN. Corporal. No 265962. 2/7th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment, attached 185th Trench Mortar Battery. Son of John Thomas and Charlotte Eleanor Emma Howitt of Stoke, Lincolnshire. Husband of Hetty Howitt, of Elm Street, Skelmanthorpe. Employed by Messrs Edwin Field and Sons, Tentercroft Mills. Enlisted November 1914. Killed in action, 24.4.1918, aged 23 years. Buried GOMMECOURT BRITISH CEMETERY No 2. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row H, Grave 21/22.
- ROH:- St. Aidan's Church, Skelmanthorpe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal CECIL JOHN HOWITT
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Friday, May 24, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 590131
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #590131)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1992187)