This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#151]
- location on map: South Street (now alongside Merton Street), Huddersfield
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
Shown on the 1890 map as having "seats for 250". By the time of the 1960 Town Plan, it was the Elim Evangelist Church. Despite being a mid-row property in a terrace on South Street, it survived the redevelopment of the area which saw the rest of the row demolished and Merton Street realigned.
As of 2017, it is the Oasis Youth & Community Centre of the Elim Pentecostal Church.
Notes and References
- ↑ http://www.huddelim.org.uk