A selection of local railway lines and branch lines, including schemes that were abandoned.
A selection of main lines and local branch lines in the Huddersfield area and beyond (circa early decades of the 1900s) is shown below:
- green — lines built or acquired by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway (L&YR)
- red — lines built or acquired by the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway (MS&LR)
- dark blue — lines built or acquired by the London & North Western Railway (L&NWR)
- light blue — lines built or acquired by the Great Northern Railway (GNR)
- pink — lines built or acquired by the Midland Railway (MR)
- grey — other lines
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category 'Railway lines'
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- Halifax High Level & North & South Junction Railway
- Heaton Lodge and Wortley Railway
- Holmfirth Branch Line
- Huddersfield and East and West Coasts Direct Railway (1845/6)
- Huddersfield and Elland Railway (L&NWR/L&YR 1873/4)
- Huddersfield and Halifax Railway (L&NWR/MR 1864-7)
- Huddersfield and Halifax Railway Extension (H&BR 1882)
- Huddersfield and Leeds Railway (1835/6)
- Huddersfield and Manchester Railway
- Huddersfield and Nostell Railway
- Huddersfield and Sheffield Junction Railway
- Huddersfield Branch Line (L&YR 1866)
- Huddersfield South and East Junction Railway (1879/80)
- Huddersfield, Halifax and Bradford Railway (MR 1874)
- Huddersfield, Halifax and Bradford Union Railway (1845)
- Huddersfield, Halifax and Keighley Railway (1864)
- Hull and Huddersfield Railway (1879)