Parish of Almondbury
The historic ecclesiastical Parish of Almondbury included the following townships and chapelries (hamlets are listed in parenthesis):
- Farnley Tyas
- Lingards — also known as Lingarths
- Linthwaite (Lower, Middle and Upper Linthwaite)
- Lockwood (North Crosland and Crosland Half)
- Marsden in Almondbury
- Netherthong — originally part of Meltham, see Meltham Half
- South Crosland (South Crosland and Mag Lordship)
The extent of the historic Parish of Almondbury (compiled from O.S. maps of the early 1890s) is shown below.
Notes and References
- Abolished 1 April 1921 to become part of the parish of Holmfirth.
- Abolished 1 April 1925 and split between the parishes of Farnley Tyas and Thurstonland.
- Abolished 1 April 1938 and split between the parishes of Holmfirth and Dunford.
- Abolished 1 April 1938 to became part of the parish of Holmfirth.
- Abolished 1 April 1924 to become part of the Parish of Huddersfield.
- Abolished 26 March 1898 and merged with Marsden in Huddersfield to became the parish of Marsden.
- Abolished 1 April 1938 and split between the parishes of Holmfirth, Huddersfield and Meltham.