A lathe (also spelt locally as laith or laithe) is an agricultural barn. The term is also sometimes used in place names, likely indicating a barn once stood at the location.
The etymology is from the Old Norse hlaða (Swedish lada and Danish lade).
Pages in category ‘Lathes and Laithes’
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Laith Croft, off Lockwood Scar, Lockwood
- Laith, Bank Top Lane, Holmfirth
- Lathe, Calmlands Lane, Meltham
- Lathe, Gill Royd Lane, Heights
- Lathe, Pimroyd Lane, Cowlersley