Carter and Co.

COMPANY STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific company or business. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you have any information relating to this company, please leave a comment or send an email!

History

Carter & Co. Ltd. was a builders' and general merchants with offices on Water Street and 39 Market Street, Huddersfield.[1]

A letterhead dated 11 August 1920 gave their telephone number as Huddersfield 482 and named the company's proprietor as Mr. A. Carter.[2]

By 1950, the company had moved to Kirkgate and their letterhead described them as "Builders and Plumbers' Merchants, and Drysalters" as well as "Wall & Floor Tilers" and "Fireplace Makers".

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::omeka tag Carter and Co. Ltd. (Huddersfield):::

Notes and References

  1. By the time of the 1937 Directory, this latter address was being used by cigar merchants J.W. Hobson and Son. The company still had a presence on Water Street at this time.
  2. Taken from a delivery note for 2,000 tags to Fisher, Firth & Co. of Marsden.

Carter and Co.

Categories

Companies | Merchants | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 8 April 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed