Carpenters Arms, Jackson Bridge, Hepworth
- location: off Bank Street, Jackson Bridge, Hepworth
- status: still exists but now in different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The premises was a beerhouse opened by carpenter Joshua Batty prior to the 1861 Census.
The Carpenters Arms was referred to the Compensation Authority for closure "on the grounds of redundancy" in 1912 and the final licensee was named as Henry Battye.
The property is now known as "Carpenter's Cottage".
Notes and References
- Location confirmed by Lesley Lee, a descendant of Joshua Battye.
- "Public Notices" in Sheffield Daily Telegraph (14/May/1912).